Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference Weekend!

So I got the great opportunity to go see General Conference down in SLC for the first time ever! It was amazing to be able to be in the presence of the prophet, the apostles, and the general authorities. I learned sooo much that weekend. I took plenty of notes. The talkes I enjoyed the most would have to be:
  • Dallin H. Oaks who spoke of God's love and His commandments
  • Kent D. Watson who spoke on temperance
  • Henry B. Eyring who spoke on love being the motivating factor of God for us to become like Him
  • President Monson who spoke of losing yourself in the service of others
  • and of course Jeffrey R. Holland who did an AMAZING talk on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon
All these talks opened up something within me that will help me to better myself. I love conferences and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
Ben, Whitney and Me outside the Conference center.

No comments: