Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day!

I never ever heard of this hoilday but I think its a great way to get out of school for a weekend. On Friday, I went tubing with a bunch of friends down the Logan canal. It was cloudy outside and looked like it was about to rain. The canal was FREEZING! I couldn't feel my body from the waist down after 5 minutes, but it was awesome minus some things.

#1 we didn't have enough tubes so I had to share one with my friend Kami (it was her first time so she was freaked out! lol) #2 We both had a hard time figuring out how to both be on the tube without bottoming out. So we managed it through the canal until some wise guy told us to get out of our tube at the most rapid part of the canal to see the valley over the clift. That was a BAD choice. Getting out was easy but getting back on the tube was horrible!

Everyone had gotten back on their tubes and continued to float down the canal and me and Kami were not having any progress, THEN I lost my shoe in the current! Not good at all, but my friend saved it down the canal. THEN we attempted again to get on the tube and Kami accidently tipped me over, totally didn't wanna get my hair wet. As I was falling, my second shoe flew out of my hand and over the clift wall! I HATE heights! So I had to climb over bare foot without killing myself to retrieve it THEN our tube made a quick get away and floated down the canal without us!

So we are bare foot, no tube, trying to walk in a rocky canal. We thought about walking on the ledge but that scared the living daylights out of me because I looked down to my death! lol FINALLY someone came back for us! My friend Curt brought my isolated shoe and our tube and EVEN helped us back in the tube. It was a ridiculous but fun second tubing experience for me.

Me in my purple Barney bathing suit!

Me and Kami on our way to the canal!

So after the canal experience we went over to the boys house and hung out. My buddy Joe made me cookies on request. He's an awesome baker. Then we ate pizza. I had a really intense but great chat with my friend/crush Chris about our lives and life itself and the church. He's the elder's quorum president and also an awesome guy.

Then I went home to get dressed. My friend Doug (Really cute too) invited me over for top ramen (hilarious). When I got over to his place, there was no ramen on the stove but there was baked chicken in the oven, boiled potatoes, and corn on the cob ready for me! The boy cooked for me! lol It was awesome. It was good too. We had a great convo and dinner.

Then we went to Eldrige Park for fireworks and me and Doug sat together and talked during the fireworks. I think he's a great guy, too bad he's moving in September to Ohio for dental school! :( Sad day. But you never know what'll happen between then and now.

This is the gang, I'm sitting next to Doug and he's sitting next to Chris.

Kami and Devin doing their model pose. lol

Me and Kami's model pose.

Me and Doug :)

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Sounds like the worst best time ever!! I remember swimming in some of the canals in Sandy when I was a kid. What great memories.
Hmmmm, both those guys are pretty cute!
Hope you're having lots of fun up there!!!